Low energy pendants on a rewire? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Low energy pendants on a rewire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Johnlondon

Quick question for you all.... do low energy light fittings have to be installed on a rewire or just what's classed as a renovation or new build ?

Part L1 of the building regulations applies to any work on controlled fittings (to the are in which the work is carried out)
The requirements are stated in the Domestic building services compliance guide available from the planning portal.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Low energy pendants on a rewire?

Yeah, the worst culprits were the ones from MEM called 'BC3' lampholders, looked like a normal pendant to your unsuspecting new homeowner until they came to change the lamp and found that they only accept bayonet cap lamps with 3 prongs - nwhich are only available from MEM at £8 each! At least a bit of common sense from building control

Yeah, the worst culprits were the ones from MEM called 'BC3' lampholders, looked like a normal pendant to your unsuspecting new homeowner until they came to change the lamp and found that they only accept bayonet cap lamps with 3 prongs - nwhich are only available from MEM at £8 each! At least a bit of common sense from building control
Yes I have those in my place. There was one missing when I moved in; presumably the previous owner had tried to replace it then given up trying to find one. I just replaced it for a BC lampholder because I would rather pay £1 for a light bulb than £10. The annoying part was the light still didn't work - there was a loose connection in the rose.

I didnt know until my assessor told me on my first assessment which was 2 year ago was 1 in 4 and had to be energy efficient and not changeable for a none efficient lamp now its 3 out of 4 but pendents and battens are allowed as they can accept an energy efficiant lamp

and I had messed about and persuaded the customer it was necessarry for my Assessor to inform me it had changed to 3 out of 4 then he said pendents and batten lampholders are acceptable now

Do any of you guys have a direct link to the document with this in, I'm in the middle of an argument with a building control officer, he seems to believe that pendants do not count to your 3 in 4, I'm sure he's wrong as my assessor told me on last assessment. Cheers lads

Do any of you guys have a direct link to the document with this in, I'm in the middle of an argument with a building control officer, he seems to believe that pendants do not count to your 3 in 4, I'm sure he's wrong as my assessor told me on last assessment. Cheers lads
On this web page you want, under the "Part L 2010 Building Services Compliance Guides", the Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide. In section 12 on page 123 is the extract that I quoted earlier.

Reply to Low energy pendants on a rewire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net