LSF T&E what a pain | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss LSF T&E what a pain in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rantoftheday

Is there any easy way to strip LSF T&E (the white stuff) what a nightmare compared to usual twin und skin

Just strip it like you do grey T+E, you get used to it after a bit. Some electricians don't like pulling the earth to strip and will score the sheathing with a Stanley knife being careful not to slice the cable insulation.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Does build up the ole finger and thumb and after a couple of days stripping ya hands are like hoofs and need rasping down a bit. I tend to use pliers to grip the cpc and as tel says losing teeth if the core cuts through.

just to digress a bit, still on T/E, had to extend a 4mm radial today, just bought 6m of 4mm T/E as just wanted enough for the job. bloody cpc is only 1.5mm. only just in tolerance with Zs.

years ago my old grandpa had a wee tool he got while in the states on holiday it was u shaped
top part had a wee scoring blade you threaded your TWE through hole at end and pulled it doen the TWE grabbed CPC n wooooooooooooooooooosh off it came LSF is not as bad these days as it was when it first came into use Different manufacturers can be worse remember the Brand on the reel doesnt mean that the cable comes from same manufacturer just that it was reeled on by same supplier

Reply to LSF T&E what a pain in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Job interview View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYKD1j5jEvs
Replies
Views
  • Question
BS3871 type 3's have a similar shaped operating curve to BS60898 type C's. Any fault that will meet the disconnection time of 5s (for 63A...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just left it as it was, again the customer didn't seem too bothered, dont think she wanted me digging any further.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Personally I wouldn't use it as 1.5mm is a bit overkill for a domestic job and 1.0mm is a lot easier to terminate into a lot of modern light fittings.
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Because those walls are crumbly lath and plaster.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks