MAF fluctuation, ECU or rubbing wires? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MAF fluctuation, ECU or rubbing wires? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been battling with this car for some while now. So if you could help I'd be grateful.
The problem at hand is that the power wire supplies 2.5v but the return wire fluctuates really fast above 2.5, 2.65, 2.7.

Now to check if it was the MAF or not I just cut the wires before the MAF and twisted them together with no change on live data. I would have hopped that by eliminating the MAF and twisting the power wire and the signal wire together the reading would be stable, but no.

So now I removed the connector to the ECU and checked continuity from the wire at the MAF to the wire at the connector. All good here. Then I checked continuity from MAF connector wire to battery positive and negative. No continuity here.

Now I did reconnect the connector to ECU and from the wire at MAF I did get continuity at negative or positive, I can't remember right now. And a .232 reading at the other positive or negative, I can't remember. And on the second wire .532

Now how can I check if is the wires rubbing together or the problem is inside ECU?

I did think to just disconnect the connector at ECU and go from wire at the MAF to each pin at the ECU connector checking continuity. And if this is all good then it must be ECU?

The only way i can think of to rule out the wiring is to bypass the wiring from MAF to ECU. However, depending on the Make and model of vehicle you may find there are codes available from ECU to help determine whether the MAF is at fault.

The only way i can think of to rule out the wiring is to bypass the wiring from MAF to ECU. However, depending on the Make and model of vehicle you may find there are codes available from ECU to help determine whether the MAF is at fault.
https://Upload the image directly to the thread.com/gallery/Ij826AC

This is the reading I get, and with the wires cut from the MAF and twisted together I get the same reading unfortunately

Reply to MAF fluctuation, ECU or rubbing wires? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net