Main bonding | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Main bonding in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sids

Hi all
Water, gas, oil ext. should be bonded within 600mm as it comes into the property, also before pipe tees off.
In a commercial building can you main bond the water pipe say 30m in, as long as good continuity and readings are ok (below 0.05)

Why 30m into property, its bonded as close to entry point so as to avoid been isolated if alterations are made or additions to water pipes, why cant you bond it where it comes in?

look for clues like bonding cables leaving the Met or main dist board, check where services come in, and if still no joy im afraid you need to explain to customer that it isnt bonded where its required to be and you cant locate any bonding points, if you've priced the job already you should have checked this out and not relied on someone elses sheets, if this is the case you need to sweet talk the customer that its an extra and do it correctly if they argue that you should hae included it well they are kind of right and you will have learned a lesson. It all depends on your circumstances but if you cant locate bonding then you are required to do it as part of your job, if you do locate it then you can note its faults in the report or installation cert' and point it out to customer what needs doing and give a quote for it.

Last edited:
Thanks for you reply darkwood
some one else put the boards in and certified it, and I've been asked to check out the main bonding, as the customer was unsure whether its been done. if not could I price it up.
its an old property with metal conduit as a cpc

Thanks

Just thought i'd ask the question before putting a quote in.

I think they may ask the other electrician to pay for it.

Reply to Main bonding in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net