Main Earthing | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Main Earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Fayeadam09

I once worked with someone that said it was ok to main earth bond at the water pipe at the boiler if it was near on imposiible to get to the water stop tap, is this true?

Within 600 mm of the point of entry before any branches or as close as reasonably possible. I wouldn't put a main bond on the boiler, think of the next spark after you mate. Also, put a note on the CU describing where it is if it's not obvious.

there's always a way to get to a stop tap, even after kevin the kitchen has hidden it. one of these would help.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Main Earthing

Just done exactly this with a gas bond. I didn't want it outside with the meter. Customer doesn't want it on the gas pipe up the living room wall. I didn't want it hidden under the bedroom floor. So I put it just below the boiler in a cupboard off one of the bedrooms.

I had this as my ELECSA renewal assessment. Explained my reasons to the assessor and he was OK about it.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Main Earthing

Edit: Another example of thinking for yourself.

Reply to Main Earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
4-5 hours for 150? no chance, this is 2024, 150 for 2 hours maybe, that said an hour seems pretty quick, not sure he did the job right
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any metalwork connected to the MET could rise in voltage compared to true earth under an open supply neutral fault (on TN-C-S), and that would...
Replies
Views
Indeed it would be. But that would mean having 2 things to disconnect instead of one. More margin for error. Of course, any diligent spark would...
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Banging on mains water pipe, could an issue with the water mains cause it? Content of the thread: Hi everyone, for...
Replies
Views
I
  • Article
Water hammer/noise from pipework at night? I attended a Job where the customers complained about noisy pipes more often late at night bur...
Replies
Views
Illuminate
I

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks