Main water bond. Regs on domestic smoke alarms. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Main water bond. Regs on domestic smoke alarms. in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aes2011

I'm doing a new build where the main water is run in plastic pipe. Is there a need for a main bond and if so where would the connection be?

What are the regs on smoke detectors in a new build. I am doing a five bedroom detached house. All the rooms are big in size. The architect has a smoke in all rooms down stairs and one in the upstairs corridor. Can I just have one in upstairs cor,downstairs cor and a heat in kitchen?

I'm doing a new build where the main water is run in plastic pipe. Is there a need for a main bond and if so where would the connection be?

Extraneous conductive part: A conductive part such as a METAL pipe, liable to introduce a earth potential into the building

The architect has a smoke in all rooms down stairs and one in the upstairs corridor. Can I just have one in upstairs cor,downstairs cor and a heat in kitchen?

If the architect has specced it then stick with it or arm yourself with the details in OSG 7.5.2 page 64 and have a POLITE discussuion to see if they may sway to your way of thinking. Rub them up the wrong way though and you could be in for a nasty ride.

Have a look at the new BGB if its an all plastic system you dont need a main bond and no need for suplimental bonding to radiators,sinks ect Its a new one and a veer away from the origional 16th if anyone can remember that far back

If the architect has specced it then stick with it or arm yourself with the details in OSG 7.5.2 page 64 and have a POLITE discussuion to see if they may sway to your way of thinking. Rub them up the wrong way though and you could be in for a nasty ride.[/QUOTE]

Reply to Main water bond. Regs on domestic smoke alarms. in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net