Marks above old consumer unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Marks above old consumer unit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mike07

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

We have quite an old consumer unit and noticed some weird grey marks above it (please see picture). We’ve recently painted this area and over the grey marks but they’ve come back through. Does anyone think these marks are related to the consumer unit or just a random persistent stain?

Thanks so much for any advice anyone can offer!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Marks above old consumer unit

TL;DR
Marks above consumer unit
I very much doubt the consumer unit is causing that.

Original cables buried in the plaster above? Looks like an old property.
Honestly I’m not entirely sure. It is an old property yes, built around 1910. We were just concerned some of the wiring might be deteriorating but we’ve had no issues with any of the electrics?

Your's has a couple is issues, the mcb is not compatible and a blank module is required. It doesn't meet current standards but that doesn't imply it is dangerous. Does the RCD trip when you press the button.

Reply to Marks above old consumer unit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Rather than covering the issue, find where the moisture is coming from and address from that end, is the outside ground level above the inside, is...
Replies
Views
I think the problem is, there’s no power at the switch…. So they’re looking for where it comes from.
Replies
Views
I'm not sure on the environmental implications, a good quality integrated fitting will last many years and be more energy efficient than the GU10...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Hi Gingerrubix, The fact that your previous Tenant replaced a faulty socket plate which he used for an external EV, raises an eyebrow. Also your...
Replies
Views
i would split he tails and fit an additional 2/3 way CU to supply the garage/whatever. that way you could feed in SWA, installung RCDs as and if...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks