merlin gerin 1250n compact Isolators | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss merlin gerin 1250n compact Isolators in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

My love afair started in 98 it was a warm summers day and i spied the cream D.B from across the space in the electric cupboard the light glinted of the labels.....................

Thanks for the replies guy's I was looking for some info from someone who had installed some. phoning schneider can be a pain sometimes.

Have you a problem or do you just want to talk about them ?

yours benji

I think I may have a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Enlighten please as this post cant go anywhere till you explain what info your after.

It's installed in a panel and fitted with rotary switch , two years ago they were switched off ,
One of our guy's was sent down there to reinsate them but he said he couldnt turn them on , It's not in the tripped centre position either he said he's checked it . any suggestions before phonning, schneider technical

Use a lot of merlin gear but haven't come across a problem like that. Has your op set units to off position and then tried to energise as they won't energise from tripped position? Has he also tried energising them with the load disconnected?

Use a lot of merlin gear but haven't come across a problem like that. Has your op set units to off position and then tried to energise as they won't energise from tripped position? Has he also tried energising them with the load disconnected?

Yep I went all through this with him on the phone. Im stummpted I think Ill have to go and take a peak .

The merlin range can be fitted with auxilliry trip control which can work with either a voltage presence or simple n/o n- n/c contact, this is usually connected to a addditional unit fitted within the switch, check their are no control wires coming from the switch, they may have been removed and want reconnection if the unit is fitted and not connected etc the switch would refuse to power up.
Hope this helps.

Caution! If you find a control device fitted you must establish how it works first by taking ref' off it and sourcing the info as it could be a voltage free control or a voltage applied control and getting it wrong could result in a short circuit of the control.

Last edited:
SORTED!
Went to site today did all the check's no fault found , so I reached for my favourite tool and gave them a very gentle , then gentle, then not so gentle whack, hey presto clunk click that little wack did the trick!

Reply to merlin gerin 1250n compact Isolators in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net