Metal Table | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Metal Table in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SKY

Hi All

In a small factory I do work in operators are complaining of getting static shocks from a stainless table.
I have put it down to persons building up a charge and it discharging when they touch the table.

It gets me thinking that does a small stainless steel table require bonding?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheaper to change the table for a non metallic table!! Bonded metalwork does not stop static shocks, if anything it will exasperate them.... Very difficult to totally eradicate static build-up when it's present, almost a Science on it's own!! lol!!

I remember seeing something designed to cure this. Little rectangular pad which you stuck to the corner of tables/filing cabinets, etc. which was resistive. Basically you touch this pad as you get to the table before you start work and it discharges the static charge in a controlled manner. Daz

I second fixed a kitchen last week with metal face plates, kitchen fitter had just laid laminate floor, unwrapped from its plastic cover, every time i walked across the floor and touched an outlet or switch i got a shock. I was wearing rubber soled shoes so was obviously charging up walking across floor. The owner tried it and nothing.

I second fixed a kitchen last week with metal face plates, kitchen fitter had just laid laminate floor, unwrapped from its plastic cover, every time i walked across the floor and touched an outlet or switch i got a shock. I was wearing rubber soled shoes so was obviously charging up walking across floor. The owner tried it and nothing.

Well, keep jumpin' Jax.lol.

Reply to Metal Table in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net