Metal theft | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Metal theft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

trypod

-
Reaction score
A member of a gang trying to steal air conditioning units in Essex may have been seriously burned during the attempted theft, police said.
Officers were called to three business units at Severalls Park in Colchester after intruders attempted to remove the external units overnight on Sunday.
The suspects are believed to have left empty-handed after signs one or more of them may have been burned.
Police are appealing for information about anyone with unexplained burns.
PC Luke Howard from Essex Police said: "It would appear that several people were involved in this attempted theft because electrical wires were cut to various conditioning units.
"However, an engineer who attended the scene believes that one or more of the culprits could have suffered a serious electrical shock and perhaps this is why they left empty-handed."
:rolleyes2:

Yep I hope he is suffering say this not out of malice but this type of thing has reared its ugly head recently along with livestock rustling both were unheard of years ago. The report recently about stealing the cables to an emergency generator at a hospital has to be the lowest and as I have said before and call me old fashioned but standards have ropped big time in this country so hearing that some fool has killed himself will get no pity from me.

on a slightly smaller scale i know, but my dad has recently had a new combi boiler installed and the overflow copper pipe comes out the kitchen wall to the outside of the house and then bends down to a couple of inches from the floor. about 5 foot in total.
He popped out to the shops on saturday and someone had snapped the copper pipe off and had it away...the joys of living in east london i suppose.

Reply to Metal theft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net