Mitering tiles and which epoxy Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter oogoog
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 150

Discuss Mitering tiles and which epoxy Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mitering tiles and which epoxy

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour

I'll be working with some pinkish matt porcelain tiles where the core is the same colour as the glaze, I've found the perfect ratio of two Kerakoll grouts to match the tile colour for grouting to try and have the grout lines disappear (if anyone cares, 3x warm white to each 1x venetian red). However my experience with mitering is limited to just getting nice cuts. I've never installed them at eye level where they'd stick out like a sore thumb if glued badly. I'd appreciate any advice on this front.

The main question I have is about matching the colour; could I mix epoxy resin with grout to achieve the perfect colour? Or, what product would you recommend?

And also, would it be better to cut them sharp, epoxy, and then use a diamond hand pad to sand back once assembled? Or should I give them a 2mm bevel first and then epoxy?

Cheers guys

Mitering tiles and which epoxy for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Mitering tiles and which epoxy Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I
  • Article
Water underfloor heating and epoxy grouts Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I am not...
Replies
Views
istefanov87
I
M
  • Article
Tiling on Universal Shower Bases Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve recently done a...
Replies
Views
Melbourne Builder
M
B
  • Article
Grout & Tile cleaning Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ; After grouting on large...
Replies
Views
Brid tiler
B
K
  • Article
How much adhesive needs removing between tiles & covering a chip Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between...
Replies
Views
kitkat
K
  • Article
Tile moving and grout breaking Hi fellow forum dwellers, am a distraught customer looking for some advice. We did an extension and got water...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks