Mitsubishi Q Series PLC | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Mitsubishi Q Series PLC in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

stef

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

long time no show I know. Anyway, started a new job few years ago, there is a pre-historic gear cutter with a Q series Mitsubishi PLC in it. I need to pull out the ladder logic, what software do I need?

Have you got a picture Of the plc?

Fx series rings a bell, I have most of the Mitsubishi software but Q series is not ringing any bells in this old brain of mine.

I realise this is an old thread but just spotted it... and I have had a lot of problems to overcome in recent years with this exact issue. If its any help (probably not...) mitsi PLCs can be phenomenally difficult to pull ladder back out of them if you don't have the original source code. Generally with the Q series, Mitsubishi GX Developer, or GX IEC Developer will have been used to program them. The problem is that both of these tend to crunch your ladder down into a form of machine code before downloading it into the PLC in the first place, which when sucked back out is (almost) completely unrecognisable to the average human. If your still struggling with it let me know and I can potentially offer some advice - but, I would say in the first instance, make every and all efforts to find who the last person or company who worked on that PLC, and get the source code off them - because this will be ladder/function block/recognisable.

Reply to Mitsubishi Q Series PLC in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thought I'd update this. Finally had my assessment today. I chased them on Friday morning as it'd been about 10-12 weeks since I'd actually made a...
Replies
Views
Whatever... I awoke this morning ready for an intersting and relaxed day at work at my local branch of the Men's Shed charity. " jobs pending...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure on the environmental implications, a good quality integrated fitting will last many years and be more energy efficient than the GU10...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
"When stoned..." Brilliant!
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks