MK Split Consumer Unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MK Split Consumer Unit in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spike47

I have a Split consumer unit , containing a 80 amp MCB Main Switch with 6 MCB's and a 60amp RCB with 6 MCB's . Question what do I put on each side . I have the following circuets :

1- upper ring main .
2- lower ring main .
3- upper lights .
4- lower lights .
5- cooker .
6- centra heating .
7- garage .
8- immersion heater .

spike

Hi

Thanks guy's for all your input , I have just purchased anther 60 amp RCB main switch to have both sides of the split , RCB protected .

should of done that at the begining .

thanks again

spike

Main switch?

You need a main switch and 2 rcds, is that what you mean?

If you fit an RCD main switch, all circuits are then on 1 60A RCD.

Kind of a moot point but if you end up with the right Consumer Unit and it has two RCDs I'd put immersion on one side and central heating on tuther.

But so far the signs are not good.

Where you based? It might be worth getting a look in from someone if only for a corrective tightening of your sphinacker to avoid tacking off course.

Sorry worded that incorrect , yes it is a 80amp main switch feeding 2x 60 amp RCB one for each split .

Main switch?

You need a main switch and 2 rcds, is that what you mean?

If you fit an RCD main switch, all circuits are then on 1 60A RCD.

I struggle to get the cables in neat with all rcbo boards

A bit of a tart on neat C.U

Doing a large extension at present in all rcbo, they are the way to go.

Shame I cannot compete with a nice merlin gerin board fully loaded with rcbo.....now they are nice!!! (How sad am I??)

To be honEst Ive gone reet off dual rcd boards. Started just using Rcbos only, cheap now, and you get more circuits in a board.

If you're using RCBO's only, which make of board are you using becuase I find that there aren't many boards with space for all RCBO's and the "extra" cables

Reply to MK Split Consumer Unit in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net