Most expensive scheme... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Most expensive scheme... in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Electricalserv

Napit most expensive scheme to join????

£576 inc Vat!!!!

I'm sure the NICEIC is only £450?

Elecsa £450

But to use a NIC cert you need to pay extra as some people will not accept certs unless they are from a scam.

not very often in my experience, not on the domestic front i mean . commercial then yes they like nic ones . and often companies dont like Napit ones so why pay more, just my view point. if you want to do commercial pir and lots of commercial work then its best to do full approved niceic, it will open far more doors than napit

not very often in my experience, not on the domestic front i mean . commercial then yes they like nic ones . and often companies dont like Napit ones so why pay more, just my view point. if you want to do commercial pir and lots of commercial work then its best to do full approved niceic, it will open far more doors than napit

The people asking for the NICEIC are not upto date with the times. They both do the same thing

Its not about us being up with the times, I still lose business because I am with Elecsa and not nic eic.

I am very up with the times and do try to educate my prospective clients, however some companies just insist!

Its not about us being up with the times, I still lose business because I am with Elecsa and not nic eic.

I am very up with the times and do try to educate my prospective clients, however some companies just insist!

Its exactly that, people not upto date. People still think niceic are the only ones

Trying to explain to a customer exactly who and what Napit is/are, gets really boring. But any group that takes custom away from NICEIC is alright by me, their attitude gets on my nerves. Just my 2 cents.

I've found in most cases where an NIC cert is asked for if you can get to speak to the people requiring the cert they will in most cases when challenged accept an alternative to NICEIC. I started challenging this many years ago when I was involved in the security industry and every insurance company wanted NSCIA alarm companies, on one site I had installed an alarm and was challenged by an insurance surveyor as to whether I was a member of the NSCIA which I wasn't a member of this or any other inspectorate at the time, I challenged the surveyor to tell me how my installation was any different to what an NSCIA company would install, he couldn't and agreed to accept our installation providing we filled in a company questionaire to prove we were legit. This set a precedent in my book so now where possible I challenge and try to get an alternative accepted

Also how many property maintenance vans do you see now? I'm hearing there are lots of sparkies out of work. I will be joining NAPIT because I can notify.

1) Electrical
2) Cold Water Systems
3) Parts of Heating Systems and
4) Ventilation Systems

Thus, in time, expanding possibilities to become a Building Services Tech/Eng. The reason for this change is based on what I hear on this site, which is every man and his dog wants and can be a sparky in two months.
I don't know lots in the big red book or Part P and now I'm looking at Part L and WRAS. But its creating a new challenge for me and NAPIT will afford me this flexibility. And by the way - did my electrical apprenticeship in the mines.

I have never lost any work because I wasn't NIC (touch wood) and I've only had people challenge me on it or ask about it 3 or 4 times. Each time it's always been someone who is in another trade, and they've gone 'and you'll give me the NIC certificate and all that?' and I go 'I'm not with NIC I'm with ELECSA, they are another part P scheme just like NIC and part of the Electrical Contractors Association', and they go 'OK'.

Hopefully elecsa are going to be making some headway now, Gritish Bass are all elecsa now (not sure if that's a good thing lol) and also ECA seem to be doing some press advertising.

Back to the original post, though, I didn't know napit did all boiler stuff, ventilation etc?? Hmmm could be worth having a closer look, but to be honest I avoid heating stuff wherever I can, it's just a pain in my ---!

I have never lost any work because I wasn't NIC (touch wood) and I've only had people challenge me on it or ask about it 3 or 4 times. Each time it's always been someone who is in another trade, and they've gone 'and you'll give me the NIC certificate and all that?' and I go 'I'm not with NIC I'm with ELECSA, they are another part P scheme just like NIC and part of the Electrical Contractors Association', and they go 'OK'.

Hopefully elecsa are going to be making some headway now, Gritish Bass are all elecsa now (not sure if that's a good thing lol) and also ECA seem to be doing some press advertising.

Back to the original post, though, I didn't know napit did all boiler stuff, ventilation etc?? Hmmm could be worth having a closer look, but to be honest I avoid heating stuff wherever I can, it's just a pain in my ---!

Yeh Napit cover the whole scope.... Heating and Plumbing...Solar power the lot.

For NAPIT Solar Power ie MCS costs extra. But in the initial £218 + membership you get the ones I mentioned earlier. Obviously there are a lot of sparks on this site who are successful one man bands or contractors. But for those such as myself who have either lost overtime, as in my case, or jobs you have to diversify or maybe die.
People may well ask for NIC but NAPIT have told me that if customers ask for this it is possible to point NAPIT into there direction. I'm not sure but I think they are a trade association.

Reply to Most expensive scheme... in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net