motor calc | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss motor calc in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davelerave

i'm wiring a final circuit for a 400v 7.5kw motor,15amp FLA

starting is DOL

i've calculated for the 30m final circuit using 4*4 swa a VD of 4v or 1%

i haven't calculated VD on the distribution circuit

would i be safe with 4*4 or should i calculate total installation VD to be sure

also is it standard practice to calculate using 100%fla or 125%fla

I would calculate total installation VD and 100% flc. Also need to check what type protection device is feeding that board in relation to your chosen type device for new circuit protection.Starting current may be a problem otherwise.

Last edited:

Reply to motor calc in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Surely that will depend on what is connected to it. And the nominal voltage between phases is 400V (+10%/-6%).
Replies
Views
A picture paints a thousand words so here's an SLD showing my installation and some annotations to show the proposed relocation of the DC...
Replies
Views
  • Question
But trying that here would be bonkers economically! The VD on typical lighting circuits now is negligible due to LED lamps, so aiming for just...
Replies
Views
Ok so In this case I would not worry about selectivity. As you have a current EICR for the wylex DB and is not part of your alterations then I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Stick with number 2 and no ground rod is required. Pull a 4 wire service to your building sub panel and you are legal. I always use main lug only...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks