Motor overload? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Motor overload? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StokieSpark

I know ive read it but cannot find it now. What rating does a motor have to be before you have to fit it with an overload?

Think you might be after 552.1.2 rating exceeding 0.37kW page 141 of BRB

Chris

Read all of it just incase you havent got the BRB with you the limit does not apply to a motor incorporated in an item of current using equipment complying as a whole with an appropriate British Standard.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Motor overload? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi James, At the inverter end the multi strand is ferruled and torqued in the terminal and at the motor end they are the “wago type” push fitting...
Replies
Views
The photo shows the other wires going to a switch mounted on the cover, does this switch have a label or do you know what it is used for? The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you want to use the motor, you will need to get that thermal cutout working properly, and be certain it does! The little phosphor bronze...
  • -NikD-
  • Ireland
Replies
Views
With a multi-meter yes, thought ~3ohms was a strange reading as would expect it to be open circuit or <1ohm. I don't think it's the PCB as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sure, I'm on the Isle of Sheppey. also the cable they used I think was 2.5 twin and earth, although I could be wrong.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks