Motor querey. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Motor querey. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Danmc069

hi could u help me with this
a motor runs at 700rpm at 50hz what motor is suitable for this
a.2pole
b.4pole
c.8pole
d.12pole

Hmm, I wonder where the 120 constant comes from. I used 60 for one minute has 60 seconds so

p = 50 Hz * 60 seconds/min / 700 1/min = 4.2 poles

using the formula from the web page it would be p = 50 Hz * 120 / 700 = 8.5 poles :confused:

Now you made me confused :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I got to find my smart book ...

Hi mate,

found it in Brian Scaddan's C&G 2330/2356 book page 164:

n = f/p in the example he uses 50Hz (1 Hz = 1/sec) and two poles

-> n = 50 * 1/sec / 2 = 25 revs/sec * 60 = 1500 revs per minute

Hi

In my experience a 2 pole motor runs approx 3000rpm. 4 pole motor runs approx 1400 rpm . 6 pole motor runs approx 1000rpm and a 8 pole runs at approx 700rpm:)

Hi,

OK, mystery solved: p is the number of pole pairs which I over read :mad:
so, the web site you referred to is correct, this explains the 120 constant and therefore my 60 s/min is wrong (sorry!):(

My excuse: it is the age ...:p

Reply to Motor querey. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Thanks for that, you learn something new almost every day! Regards Griffey
Replies
Views
Try connecting a piece of wire directly to the starter motor control terminal, as well as any wires that are already connected there. Connect the...
Replies
Views
Good one . Thanks. I was finding Fluke etc £££!
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. New motor goes in on Saturday so I will see what RPM and amp readings are with new motor
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have included more information on what happened after the motor stopped, and everything slowed down. The first thing I noticed was that the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks