Motorcycle Wiring Symbol Query | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Motorcycle Wiring Symbol Query in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I need to rewire a mapping/traction control switch on a race bike that was damaged in a crash. The switch is not stock to install some other features and I can't find the company wiring anywhere on line. Can someone tell me what the following means?

Mode Switch:
[ElectriciansForums.net] Motorcycle Wiring Symbol Query
I know they are momentary switches but is this normally open or normally closed?

If this part on the race switch assembly was designed to use 3 switch (1 up, 1 down, 1 mode) does the earth run to all 3 switches. I think that is what the diagram says but don't want to hook it up wrong.

Stock:

Now button switches :

So:
  • Up momentary normally open switch = black wire and green wire
  • Down momentary normally open switch = black wire and green/black wire
  • Set/Mode momentary normally open switch = black wire and green/yellow wire

Is there any way to tell when a switch is momentary or latching from the diagram? I think I know from their function but just curious.

The bike also has a pit limiter that was latching switch replacing the indicator switches. On the race controls it is a single latching button switch. I think it has been wired to the left/right turn signals as this is normal practice. Is this normally open or closed? How would I wire that to a single button switch?

Thank you in advance

Reply to Motorcycle Wiring Symbol Query in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net