Mr electric | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Mr electric in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Newsome3

Just seeing if anyone has worked for them, had interview or any info on them

Cheers

Is that the francise set up I may have heard of if so take your time and make sure you know what the deal is some of these set ups make more out of you than you do, and at the end of the day you have to make two wages one for them and one for you
Pict

yep i worked for them once, listen to me ONCE, LOL, it was a branch in london. i used my own van as well. dont let them rip you.
How much are they paying per job, also what rates are they going to give you for doing any extra work, have a think, they might also have there own little thing going on at the same time as well.

I would advise to give it a go, as the Mr Electric is all franchise and maybe just maybe the owner might be ok. think about what you want out of it and stick with it, i think they may other you price per job not per hr. So make sure you get a good price out of them for your own van and tools, just watch the people calling you from the office or from the insurance companies, real horrid most of the times, as the office people make money of you the more you do the more com they get.

Yorkshire leeds = STAY CLEAR!!! its same branch as i used to work for!!!! owned by BOB PEACH he pays 17.5k if he can but i started on 21800 as i told him to stuff his job otherwise!

he provids a VAN (which i crashed in to a dry stone wall) and expects you to cover Leeds up to Northumberland!! 18h per day no extra for call outs!!

i stayed 5 days first stint while i tried it out when still in navy and 3 days second stint as i had enough of his cowboy attitute and his sales driven approach to electrics I.E SELL SELL SELL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!!! he live sin ferryhill and covers the whole area mate!! you will be doiing homeseve insurance work which is crap and you get called out for no extra pay! honestly unless your desperate stay clear

Love it, i was erning, real shizz money, take home £700 after deductions that was £20 a job, so i let you calc on how many jobs i done, the £700 was after they had a fee, that also inculded use of my own van tools tester and fuel, also tax was taken out. the guys wife was a City and Guilds assessor.
i then woke up from that dark place after 2 weeks LOL, told them to****the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen some fantastic examples of Mr Electrics work in the Beeston area of Leeds a while back. Rang them on behalf of customer, no answer, rang NICEIC and reported their shoddy work. Also the invoice for a replacement CU stated 17th Edition board, and it was only a 16th, and it was extortionate. And the test results were amusing to say the least.

I got called in by a mate who is a plasterer to do some cellar conversion work, the customer wasn't happy with what Mr Electric had done, and even more peed off that they dont answer the phone. It took me a week to sort out all the mess that they should have seen on test before CU swap. There was basic problems, no r2 continuity on both rings etc etc etc.

Cheers.........Howard

I was the QS/Operations Manager for the London West franchise a few years ago (it has changed ownership since). I got quite involved with the head office and went on many outings with Clive and his minions. It was a money machine with 99.9% of time and meetings being out money making and 0.1% about the trade itself.

I haven't looked back since I left.
It would be unfair for me to bad mouth all the individual franchisee's, but I would advise avoiding any direct involvement with the head office.

Seen "mr electric" work once. Flooded house. Fitted temp board. I was there after to rewire, etc. Board was fitted in garage directly underneath a very badly leaking gutter...took pictures just couldnt believe someone could be so stupid. So apologies no wish to tar all with same brush. But there it is my pennys worth!

I think they are a damn fine franchise and only wish that I could afford to be a part of them. Wish you guys would stop bashing them. They are professional and look the part and we should all aspire to be just like them.
I will be contacting my bank manager next week to see if I can get myself a loan so I can become a very proud, Mr Electric franchise owner and you guys can kiss my.........

Sorry?...........
Oh yeah....I forgot....... can I have a glass of water with that?............ Cheers......

Sorry guys, that was the wife reminding me that I haven't taken my pill today.
I'm all better now.

Haha. I used to work for these.They charge way too much. I cant believe anyone would buy into this franchise. durham have you been to the training centre in birmingham ? you got to do these stupid "motivating activities" and they brain wash you with the cheesy american videos LMAO.

i did my last year apprenticeship with them as my boss bought into the fanchise. I did a couple of months qualified and left as i asked for a pay rise was on £6p/h and was doing a qualifed persons job. The other guys who were later made redundant were on £10p/h. Overtime pay was at the bosses disgression if you would get paid or not.Needed to answer the company phone after hours for no additional pay.

Reply to Mr electric in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net