multi-gang junction box | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss multi-gang junction box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Araman

A customer has complained to me because I have used 5 junction boxes to extend cables to a new consumer unit one metre away from the original position. She says the boxes are ugly and spoil the aesthetics of her garage (Please don't ask me why). She says there should be a way of combining the five boxes into one multi way unit that would be better looking. Has anyone ever come across such a product easily and cheaply available? I know I could make a wooden box for her and just use connecter strips to connect the cables and she would know no better, but if something is available commercially it would save me a lot of time.

PVC adaptable box with compression glands and connectors of your choice ? Some boxes have facility to mount a din rail in them for din rail mounted connectors if you want to keep everything neat inside.

EDIT: beaten to it ... lol

Reply to multi-gang junction box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I'm familiar with many domestic extractor fans which are primarily class 2 (double insulated) and consequently are not required to be earthed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you tell her you're gonna give it a quick test as she is unsure where the paperwork is? That would give you a better idea of overall...
Replies
Views
Ok, please be aware that I am a 'do-it-yourself-er,' so if this isn't the right place to be posting this thread, let me know where I should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just left it as it was, again the customer didn't seem too bothered, dont think she wanted me digging any further.
Replies
Views
I'd go with a grid switch and keep the double back box maybe. Saves the hassle of trying to remove it.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks