Multiple Start/Stop Buttons | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Multiple Start/Stop Buttons in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electricianstew

I know its possible, but was wondering how to go about wiring 3 start/stop buttons in a workshop to control the same 3 phase dust extraction system? Anybody done any before?

I was wondering if there was someway of having a main contactor box with mains and switch wires inside and just running smaller wires to each of the start stop buttons from there to energise the coil, therefore energizing the machine?

Also obviously all of the stop buttons would need to stop the machine independently as well?

Any help on ways to do it or types of equipment i would need would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

electricianstew

4-core +cpc 'home runs' probably for the start/stop units anyhow

wire the stops in series and parallel the starts i guess

they would be for 'control' only - emergency stopping would prob need a remote start to prevent re-activation of extractor

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the quick reply, what do you mean exactly by saying home runs? Where would I take each wire from the start/stops back too?

You could run one 4-core from starter to the first stop/start then another to the second from the first and then onto the third rom the second using 2 cores for the stop circuit and the other 2 cores for the start circuit.

You could also make the stops on the stop/start positions emergency stops with key release so that if the motor is stopped at remote position they have to be released with a key so it cannot be started again.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Multiple Start/Stop Buttons

Basically, series-connect your n/c stop contacts prior to supplying each n/o start contact in parallel and the n/o auxilliary hold-on contact on the DOL starter. By closing any of the start contacts supply is passed to the other side of the auxilliary hold-on contact and through to A1 of the coil to energise.

Not shown; an overload, likely to be fitted, will have the n/c terminals 95/96 in series prior to feeding out to the stop contacts.

3 core and earth cables may link the stop/start enclosures, especially if they're metallic.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or... as some have suggested... take a fourth core from the series-connected stop contacts back to the starter, perhaps to the overload at this point at terminal 95 through 96 to the hold-on auxilliary contact and out to the start contacts.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Multiple Start/Stop Buttons

:)

hey sorry for late replies on this had no notifications saying you had commented! thanks for all your help guys, got it sorted, was just a bit unsure as was first time doing this kind of install, many thanks to everyone who responded!

Reply to Multiple Start/Stop Buttons in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net