multiplier on lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss multiplier on lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wmb1973

When do you apply the 1.8 multiplier to discharge lighting calcs ? is it to Ib design currrent or later at the correction factor stage, and also is the 1.8 mutiplier the same as the power factor ? Just using cable-mate for my calcs (checked via big red book obviously) and it asks for power factor next to voltage and length of run, anyone used this solftware ? cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

The 1.8 factor is applied to the total wattage of the lamp.

Power factor is a very different beast concerning the True power, Apparent power, and Reactive power of a circuit.

Typically 1.8 mulitplier factor useally cover most case of discharge luminaires expect some electronic verison then I will drop it down to 1.3.

Btw the 1.8 mulitpiler do work with both 50 HZ and 60 HZ discharge luminaires. { for DC verison Don't go there it a nutty spot to deal with it }

Merci,Marc

Reply to multiplier on lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question i hope someone can just give me a little clarification on . When carrying out preliminary cable design for a given circuit we...
Replies
Views
Thank you, both. Seems like common sense may have prevailed, and the fellow is indeed going for one of the modern mirrors you mentioned...
Replies
Views
Heh I know the brochures for courses with stock images of women using tools in random scenarios but when you're there it never happens, it's all...
Replies
Views
Yes, the larger Ballast from suppliers is only available in AC ATM. The cells and inverter will depend on the load. For the example above: Input...
Replies
Views
Just stick the 63amp fused connector before the Henley block , or Lucy block as you call it, and your all good, as for your 2nd point, , the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks