nearly | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss nearly in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
hav u ever had a nearly big mistake, i was making off 95mm 4c swa inn2 a main switch,everything was going splendidly when,i cut the last 1 slightly shorter than i suppose 2 .Panic...then after alot of swearing...i noticed the panel the switch was mounted on had moved slighlty of its fixing screws,jus about 4mm,after adjustin in2 its position the cable was ok 2 connect,relief at last,heartbeat bac 2 normal.

ive done a lot of big motors recently, and the terminal boxes are very small and leave you no room for mistakes. the problem is that when you lug the cable up, you have to pull it out of the box. When you push it back onto the stud, often it wont go over the stud, because of the angle, but it sits nice, when its in position. Ive had to knock many on with a socket, as theyb are seriously tight. Ive got a collection of jimmy bars, and crow bars, and they are needed in situations like this.

Not nearly, but an actual did was mine ................................following the winter of discontent our pit was designated a stand by generator for the office block and so I was tasked to measure from the genny to the office block main switch panel, to order the 4 core 120mm SWA

So cable arrives and off we go running it, everything booked for shut down the Saturday to connect and the cable was 4 metres short, I can still see my lead hand face when we came in and told him ...........if looks could kill, he had to go to the deputy engineer and tell him, luckily we managed to join it and do the job, but never spoke to me for about 2 weeks ..............

Wouldn't mind but it was NCB and well , it was never a case of be careful don't order to much slack on that cable. Another was a ghoster once but that's another story

i was working on one floor of a large office block fitting a pyro run... so we laid the pyro out wow spot on ! so when i started making one end of there was a metre slack , so cut and fitted
yes your right when it was all clipped up it was a metre short at the other end..............

did a coal handling plant once about 12month work, company we subbed to supplied all cable measured of drawings , to get all the conveyors on one drawing they omitted the middle of the conveyors ,you guessed it just about all had to go back

Was asked by our engineering manager why I’d not mounted an EE MiniForm panel where his drawing showed it. Well if I’d put it where you said we couldn’t extend the board if needed, Oh OK good idea.

The Truth. I’d cut the cables short!

Reply to nearly in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net