Need Advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Need Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

So I need some advice, I’m currently doing a fire and security apprenticeship and I don’t really like it and I’m not really interested in it. I’ve always wanted to become an electrician and do an electrical apprenticeship. So should I stay on my current apprenticeship and get the qualification and then do an electrical apprenticeship later or should I quit my apprenticeship now and start looking for an electrical apprenticeship.

A lot of the practical work is the same, but without the extra regulations that 230V mains voltage brings.
Any electrical work will still need a logical mind to understand

What im trying to say is, what makes you think an electrical apprenticeship will be any different, if you dont like F&S, how much would you like "general" electrical work?

It depends on how far through you are, if you are in the first half then I would suggest you switch over, if you are in the last third then see it out.

When you switch having an existing trade type qualification prove that you can commit - and it also makes you multi skilled which is an advantage over others.

Reply to Need Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
A similar thread to yours; I'm unsure if I should become an electrician. -...
Replies
Views
Not to mention welding switch contacts together and wondering why when they thought they had got the wiring sussed the light will still not switch...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I live in Sheffield and I am currently on the first year of an electrical installation course at college and would really like to gain an...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the advice, this is just what I was looking for. I think I’ll have to put some thought into the domestic route due to the NVQ and...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks