Need some help please | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Need some help please in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

dSully

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the process of setting up a carpentry workshop in France, I am getting a qualified electrician to do the installation but I am sourcing the materials because I can get them cheaper in the uk.The problem is he doesnt speak english and my french aint that good yet so Im not sure what materials I need.Im hoping someone here can tell me if I explain the situation.
I have 220v already but have to install 3 phase for the machines listed below.
3kw Morticer
18kw Four side planer
7kw bandsaw
8kw thicknesser
18kw extractor fan
3kw compresser
7.5kw tablesaw
3kw surfacer.
There is a 3 phase meter aprox 40 m down the hallway at the entrance so i need to get a main supply from that to a breaker box with all the breakers for the machines on it plus I think a main breaker from what i can tell.So can someone please tell me what size breakers I need for each machine and the size of cable i need to bring it from the meter to the box and anything else I need for the installation.
Thanks in advance.
Don

Yep, wood workshops to 7671 one of my specialities, but, know nowt about French regs, apart from the bit about it being impossible to get the work OK's unless it's done by a French Spark?

We have the same problem in this country. Foreign house buyers are convinced whatever country they come from has the best electrical installation procedures on the planet and they even sometimes bring in a tradesman to do the installation. Invariably it's not compliant one way or other with the local regs and it ends in tears.

I agree with Paul, you're better off getting local tradesmen (obviously good ones) who can sign the work off and even letting them source materials locally. It might be more expensive but it's going to be a lot less headaches. The warranty issues immediately spring to mind for example.

Reply to Need some help please in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net