Neighbours supply to house and shed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Neighbours supply to house and shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

groovyghouly

Hi everyone and I hope you can help. Several years ago a new road was being built and the electricity board asked to connect to my mothers supply to feed a neighbours house 3 hundred yards away. The pole and transformer is on her land with the mains cable going underground to her meter. It's then supplied from her meter cupboard up to next doors also underground. Since then the neighbour has built a large industrial shed and wants to feed electricity to it for lighting and sockets.

We had a conversation with him a couple of days ago and he told me he'd inquired about a supply and was quoted £1600. However he claims they also told him the supply from my mothers house should never of been done. I also was told by him he built his new shed over the supply cable and that he was thinking of feeding the shed from his house instead.

My mother is worried that given the size of the shed he could overload the system. The transformer is 11kv and also feeds my property.

Could her fears be right and potentially cause a fire, or is an underground cable able supply a 2 houses and an industrial shed at the same time.

Has anyone tampered with the electricity company cables, if not then the fuses should blow if there is an overload!. Cables come in different sizes, I know of some underground cables that feed most of North London.....

If you have any concerns contact the DNO. They designed the system and deemed it capable of supplying your mum and neighbour. Any problems will be down to them to deal with.

Loop in, loop out is quite common. I can’t see what the OP is bothered about.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Neighbours supply to house and shed

Reply to Neighbours supply to house and shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net