New member hello | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss New member hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all. New user and a new question. I have recently moved into a new build home and found that there is a cable under the sink unit that is loose and on the floor with a wire going into it! Plugged into this socket is the dishwasher? Can anyone tell me if this is normal practice, was under the impression that sockets needed to be fixed to the wall and at a height of 450mm in new builds. Just worried that if the sink leaks I may have an electric floor?!? Can't seem to upload a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 27
If that's a new installation then it's appalling. It needs the dishwasher removing and the socket reinstalling from scratch by the look of it.

If you have bought the home brand new, you need to get the builder back to sort it out. a "loose" socket under a cabinet is NOT acceptable.

The only way is Cardiff with bodges like that...jokes, it happens everywhere - you are not alone, don't fear the electrical brigade is here.

Gayest thing i've ever said.

Hello btw.

Reply to New member hello in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

@littlespark I knew there were a couple of Glasgow folk on here but I wasn't aware of more than that. I seldom look at the whereabouts of posters...
Replies
Views
thank you very much for your perfectly non-grumpy reply....i have done much searching on the web and all the questions (including the one you link...
Replies
Views
And there was me thinking John was dead (Wayne) that is :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, No nothing. No electric car or solar. Nothing out the ordinary. Also to be clear. I have two RCD? Boards. One old house one new, the...
Replies
Views
Perfect!! Thanks a lot gents. You've been massive help this last day 😁
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks