New member... Seeking advise | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss New member... Seeking advise in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, would just like to say hello and thank you in advance. I am new on here and I'm from the Gloucester in the uk. Aged 39. And I have been working for the last 12 years. Doing electrical work. I have not got any qualifications to my name. Apart from a 17th edition course booked in. And a Bpec fan testing course. I had been on the tools for a while and have made my way up the company to management.

My question is. Can I get any qualifications without doing a level 3 nvq. Say a part p course. Along with my 17th edition. And possible my testing and inspecting.

Any help would help as I am looking to migrate to Australia and I have to do a skills assessment. To help get my visa on a trade skill.

Thanks in advance.

forget short courses esp. anything that says part p. you'll need core qualifications, 2357, then, if you go to OZ, start over for another 2 years or so to get a licence to work there.

My question is. Can I get any qualifications without doing a level 3 nvq. Say a part p course. Along with my 17th edition. And possible my testing and inspecting.

Any help would help as I am looking to migrate to Australia and I have to do a skills assessment. To help get my visa on a trade skill.

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you now, they will be looking for a recognised core qualification not add-on certificates such as testing inspection and the 17th cert. So i'm afraid you'll not get in on a trade skill basis!!

Ozzy and New Zealand have a licenced electrician registry system in operation and it's not a pushover to obtain one of their State Licenses either. To be honest, it's what the UK is desperately crying out for, it'll stop all these chancers in their tracks!!

Reply to New member... Seeking advise in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net