new radial circuit for solar pv circuit with no cpc in lighting. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss new radial circuit for solar pv circuit with no cpc in lighting. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

peanutty

hi guys, anyone got any views on this, got asked to price up a 16Amp solar pv circuit with DP 30mA RCD, (invertor etc by seperate company), c/u is already 17th edition and PEB to regs, but the 2 lighting circuits don't have any cpc.(thought 17th c/u could only go in to replace a disstressed c/u if no cpc in lights) not looked through regs yet but does anyone have any views to solar with no cpc in lighting, just some thing the customer mentioned made me think.

cheers

hi guys, anyone got any views on this, got asked to price up a 16Amp solar pv circuit with DP 30mA RCD, (invertor etc by seperate company), c/u is already 17th edition and PEB to regs, but the 2 lighting circuits don't have any cpc.(thought 17th c/u could only go in to replace a disstressed c/u if no cpc in lights) not looked through regs yet but does anyone have any views to solar with no cpc in lighting, just some thing the customer mentioned made me think. cheers

I don't really understand your concern here?? What possible difference will 2 lighting circuit with no CPC , have on installing a supply for PV installation??

i originally wasn't cocerned but the customer said he'd had two solar companies say they couldn't quote him panels as no cpc in lighting!? wasn't sure if i was missing something. i know the circuit is nothing special, 2x isolators and generation meter, but was unsure if regs stated otherwise.

If no cpc in lighting circuit,then a notice is needed next to cu and all accessories should be class 2,they can upgrade the circuit to incorporate a cpc or rewire the lighting,but i do not know of a reg that says you can not,its just not ideal,and the other companies just dont know general regs i think.

Just as well these 2 companies refused to quote, they are obviously not very competent in electrical installations. It's normally the PV installer that provides all of the electrical installation relating to the system they are installing, not get a separate spark to provide a part of it ...That can open a whole can of worms if anything goes wrong, each blaming the other for the problem!!!...lol!!!

Reply to new radial circuit for solar pv circuit with no cpc in lighting. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net