New supply from overhead pole | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss New supply from overhead pole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dan35

Hi all , if a new supply is being provided for a domestic new build from a overhead pole across the street would it mean that the earthing system would be a tt?
the cable is being ran down the pole then underground to the properties.
Have read on other posts that it may be tn-c-s.
Will be calling the supplier tomorrow , was just curious.
Many thanks. Dan

Have a look at the poles the supply is to come from. For PME (CNE) every 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] or 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] pole will have a rod and down lead from the bottom neutral conductor.

Disregard the pole with the transformer on, the down lead will be for the transformer tank, this isn’t used for bonding the neutral due to the danger of MV faults affecting the LV system.

I'm not sure if this is common across the country, but in my area the poles with electrodes connected have a label with the letters PME in reds writing on a white background attached to them. A quick wander down the street is enough to confirm it around here!

I'm not sure if this is common across the country, but in my area the poles with electrodes connected have a label with the letters PME in reds writing on a white background attached to them. A quick wander down the street is enough to confirm it around here!
...The other day i saw a bus with "Kelloggs" wrote on it........it WASN'T full of cornflakes.......:bow:

Reply to New supply from overhead pole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Your kWh figures are giving you consumption averaged over each hour period, but don't give an indication of total instantaneous current. To try...
Replies
Views
Just stick the 63amp fused connector before the Henley block , or Lucy block as you call it, and your all good, as for your 2nd point, , the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
On a side note- put in solar and have dual fuel water heating (a cylinder / storage tank) that takes electric and another method of heat. If it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for that advice. I don't know the MV capacity locally, though there are lots of wind farms several miles away so generation is not such a...
Replies
Views
I can't help wondering about earthing arrangements and how important aesthetics really are when attempting to make the best of a less than ideal...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks