Newly qualified Domestic Electrician/Solar PV Installer - Notts/Midlands | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Newly qualified Domestic Electrician/Solar PV Installer - Notts/Midlands in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AlexD

-
Reaction score
I am a newly qualified domestic electrician and solar pv installer looking for a break into the electrical industry.

Qualifications gained:

- BPEC Solar PV Installation
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (2015)
- 2392 Inspection & Testing
- Part P Building Regulations

Plus CSCS Working at Height.

If anyone has any opportunities available, please let me know.

Many Thanks
Alex

Unfortunately i cannot help you employment as i live in australia but i would say not to call yourself an electrician. How did you manage to get enrolled on a shortcourse and not think to get an apprenticeship or be pushed in that direction. Unfortunately future employers will never see you or pay you as an "electrician" because you havent conpleted an apprenticeship. Look into doing the NVQ3 and am2

I am a newly qualified domestic electrician and solar pv installer looking for a break into the electrical industry.

Qualifications gained:

- BPEC Solar PV Installation
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (2015)
- 2392 Inspection & Testing
- Part P Building Regulations

Plus CSCS Working at Height.

If anyone has any opportunities available, please let me know.

Many Thanks
Alex

I would suggest doing the city & guilds 2365 levels 2 & 3, this would give you a real recognised core "qualification".

To become a fully qualified electrician you would need this core qualification plus NVQ3 & AM2. This can also be done in the all in one combined 2357 Apprenticeship.

You are either a qualified electrician or you are not. The "qualifications" you have listed above certainly don't make you qualified in any way mate.

Good luck with it all.

Best of luck with it mate but as an electrical supervisor i wouldnt give a start to a bloke who only has the qualifications you have got.At best you might get a start as a mate.Can i suggest looking into doing your NVQ3 AND AM2 at the very least if you are hoping to get a job as a spark

You can get a list of all the NICEIC registered companies in your local area from their website - if you call and/or write to all the local companies one of them may have an opening for an apprentice or adult trainee; the courses you have done already should give you a head start.

Reply to Newly qualified Domestic Electrician/Solar PV Installer - Notts/Midlands in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net