Newly qualified in Domestic looking for experience | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Newly qualified in Domestic looking for experience in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TDutton

Hi,

I'm newly qualified, won't make the mistake of calling myself an electrician as I haven't worked yet. I'm looking for any work as an electrician's mate in Cornwall. I'm 23, own transport, box of tools willing to travel.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

What qualifications do you currently hold Tom? When you do find a mate's job it'll probably be worth your while to pay a visit to your local technical college to look into getting on to what ever course replaced the C&G 2330 and progress towards your NVQ L3.

Tom to save yourself any grief regarding you're post, I would alter your details, it's only a small point but you have described yourself as a recently qualified electrician, when it's quite obvious from your post that you don't consider yourself as an electrician yet. I'm not trying to be a smart --- but take Trev's advice please, and all the best in getting a mates job, good luck.

Hi,

I'm newly qualified, won't make the mistake of calling myself an electrician as I haven't worked yet. I'm looking for any work as an electrician's mate in Cornwall. I'm 23, own transport, box of tools willing to travel.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

Best advice I can think of is grit yer teeth, grow the skin of a rhino, and keep banging away hassling people.

don't offer to work for free, for a low rate maybe, not for free. Bad start.

leave your phone switched off when your working (or at least don't text all day long), always offer to do something else if finished task in hand, never guess, if you need to ask again do it and take the flack on the chin, blimey if you manage that lot I expect who ever gives you a break will think its Christmas !!

good look Tom.

Reply to Newly qualified in Domestic looking for experience in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net