NICEIC Domestic assessment advice please | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss NICEIC Domestic assessment advice please in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

onfire25

Hey guys......a bit of advice would be appreciated.

I have my NICEIC Domestic Installer Assessment on this Wed and would really appreciate some advice.....any info on what they will want to see from me in respect of testing on the day, how far they look into the installation work......ie; do they check cable routing in loft etc.......not that that is a problem.....just curious.

As for paper work; obviously will want to see cert(s) for jobs being assessed but will he want to see my invoices i send to customers etc?

I was advised to download HSR25 and approved doc 'P' which i have done so. Even though i'm a sole trader with no employees etc......do i still have to have a written H&S policy?

As for complaints procedure......any ideas where i can get one of those from?

I have attached the EIC for the first job being assessed.....board change and partial rewire (to which i done back in 2009 but have just washed CU and reconnected to make look like i've done within last 6mths). Any comments re results / schedule etc would be much appreciated (i have done on a green unregistered form but printed in black and white). Also attached photo's of CU now. 20121217_155137.jpg20121217_155324.jpgEIC PG1 001.jpgEIC PG2 001.jpgEIC PG3 001.jpgEIC PG4 001.jpgEIC PG5 001.jpgEIC PG6 001.jpg

My guy turned up in a suite.. Theres not much chance of him going in the loft.

I did a consumer unit and he asked to prove a sample of tests one example of each. Started with looking at bonding and at the consumer unit. Gave a good tug (Thats the bonding) so make sure its tight then visual of consumer unit

Few basic questions on the regs some if you dont know the answer he isnt too botherd provising you can find it in the regs

Honastly i know its scary but dont wory. The guy i had was spot on..

Invoices are nothing to do with the NICEIC although they are quite keen on H&S. Buy a locking off kit if you don't have one and a wander lead as this will keep them happy.

On my original assessment for AC status the assessor did go into the attic of a bungalow to check cable runs.

Reply to NICEIC Domestic assessment advice please in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net