Niceic electrician left flat unsafe | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Niceic electrician left flat unsafe in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tadlondon

DIY
Reaction score
I have done Niceic test at my Flat as insurance company required. It failed first so I got quote for fixing things in order to pass and I just accepted the quote and go ahead with the job to pass it.

After that, I found that 2 bed rooms sockets are linked to breaker (B6) for Lights , as that breaker kept tripping.

Niceic electrician came back to inspect it, I think he linked the sockets to other breaker so it won’t trip , but left comment it’s not safe state, gotta show picture to his boss.

the company told me they will get to the bottom of it ,, but they said the electrician was saying the sockets were installed after his Niceic test even though it’s only one sockets each room and he was checking it while the test at first place.

A): the electrician didn’t check properly at the first Niceic test. Then charged me a lot to pass it.
B): he left the flat in unsafe condition
C): he is lying saying somehow I did the wiring, adding additional sockets to the rooms even though there are only one pair of sockets each room. (Which he was texting at first place)

I am still waiting to hear from the company what they gonna do but there anyway to report this electrician?

it’s not safe to let this guy doing Niceic test to public , and leaving flats/homes left unsafe,(after charging them lots, then blaming it to costumer.

My guess is that when the electrician did the dead testing and was removing the cables out of the breakers,he put the upstairs sockets back into a 6 amp breaker instead of a 32 amp breaker.If you had no trouble with breakers tripping before the electrician coming then it stands to reason that the electrician has introduced this fault?

My guess is that when the electrician did the dead testing and was removing the cables out of the breakers,he put the upstairs sockets back into a 6 amp breaker instead of a 32 amp breaker.If you had no trouble with breakers tripping before the electrician coming then it stands to reason that the electrician has introduced this fault?
He is saying cable needs replacement now,
This is after I get quote to fix everything to pass the test and he issued pass certificate,,,

do you know any organisation which I can report wrong doing of electrician?

He is saying cable needs replacement now,
This is after I get quote to fix everything to pass the test and he issued pass certificate,,,

do you know any organisation which I can report wrong doing of electrician?
If he belongs to a CPS NICEIC or similar contact them in the first instance. You mentioned NICEIC TEST what Does that mean. or were you mistaken and meant an EICR test Electrical instillation Condition Report?

If he belongs to a CPS NICEIC or similar contact them in the first instance. You mentioned NICEIC TEST what Does that mean. or were you mistaken and meant an EICR test Electrical instillation Condition Report?
It was EICR, Electric instruction condition report.
I will check out CPS Niceic ,, thank you very much for info.

I have done Niceic test at my Flat as insurance company required. It failed first so I got quote for fixing things in order to pass and I just accepted the quote and go ahead with the job to pass it.

After that, I found that 2 bed rooms sockets are linked to breaker (B6) for Lights , as that breaker kept tripping.

Niceic electrician came back to inspect it, I think he linked the sockets to other breaker so it won’t trip , but left comment it’s not safe state, gotta show picture to his boss.

the company told me they will get to the bottom of it ,, but they said the electrician was saying the sockets were installed after his Niceic test even though it’s only one sockets each room and he was checking it while the test at first place.

A): the electrician didn’t check properly at the first Niceic test. Then charged me a lot to pass it.
B): he left the flat in unsafe condition
C): he is lying saying somehow I did the wiring, adding additional sockets to the rooms even though there are only one pair of sockets each room. (Which he was texting at first place)

I am still waiting to hear from the company what they gonna do but there anyway to report this electrician?

it’s not safe to let this guy doing Niceic test to public , and leaving flats/homes left unsafe,(after charging them lots, then blaming it to costumer.
This all sounds a bit weird to me, So you aren’t an electrician? You’ve had an NIC registered company in to do work but yet it’s deemed unsatisfactory/unsafe by another electrician? Needs more detail here like the others have said send the report here whilst ensuring the personal details are deleted ?

Reply to Niceic electrician left flat unsafe in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net