No mains power to Shower switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss No mains power to Shower switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

banditdude

Hi all,
Neat forum you guys have hear,just the place for all my leccy questions...lol

I moved into a new house a year ago, the chap i bought it from was a builder and he added a nice extention to the house, thats now the master bedroom with on suite shower which works great, however upstairs in the bathroom we also have an electric shower, which was working fine, about 4 months ago the shower stopped working, i bought a new pull cord switch and installed it, but nothing the neon light on the switch doesn't light up so i reset the RCD unit,but still no power coming from the fuse box to the switch....strange when it used too....any thoughts/tips/things to try..anything that will shed light on it. I was told that if i wired the switch wrongly (Load/Supply) the neon light would be on all the time,but it never came on, it is wired correctly...Thanks guys

You could have a faulty m.c.b or you may have a loose neutral in the neutral bar, as previously suggested you need to accurately measure whether theres any voltage at the switch, if there isnt then check all connections at the fuseboard too, it must be somewhere, bit of detective work involved, personally i love fault finding!!!!

Just because the neon isn't lit, it doesn't mean the circuit isn't live. If the neutral connection isn't good then the neutral wiring could also be at 230 volts. Be careful, be very careful. If you don't have a proper electrical tester or if you don't know how to use one please get a qualified electrician to do the job.

Reply to No mains power to Shower switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net