None attendance for meter change | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss None attendance for meter change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I’m after a bit of guidance here.

British Gas have failed to attend 2 appointments to replace a credit meter with an economy 7 meter. Both appointments were confirmed via email.

I have sent electricians on both occasions to do our final connections but to find that the meter hasn’t been changed.

Am I within my rights to invoice British Gas for 2 wasted visits?

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Yes you should invoice.
I doubt they'll pay as their lawyers are bigger and better than your lawyers.

In reality you should invoice the customer, it's not you requesting BG to attend, then they should demand the costs from BG.

BG and presumably other suppliers have a compensation scheme,

I had quite a good payout when B.T missed attending an appointment for Broadband fault,, twice.

Reply to None attendance for meter change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I am posting an additional note in case it's useful to anyone in a similar situation: the whole thing is made more confused by the fact that I -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Too cheap, I would be looking at closer to £1k
Replies
Views
  • Question
As @DPG says, probably just incompetence. With Blueflame, they seem to be mainly aimed at gas and oil, and I suspect with few members on the...
    • Informative
    • Winner
Replies
Views
The manufacturers I find are quite helpful with regards to selectivity(discrimination) as their mcb/fuses zs values may differ from the generic...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
HI Bob, I too have moved-in to a new flat and am having the same problem with my meter readings. Like you, I also opted for UW as my new supplier...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks