Not done a domestic board change for at least 3 years… | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Not done a domestic board change for at least 3 years… in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
V.Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
….. which made doing this all the more worthwhile!! I lost count of the Henleys and Tails on the discard pile!! A bonus that I hadn’t expected was being able to put the PV meter in the board as well. That started off as an Easy+ dual RCD but using an additional busbar and adapting it around I got in the RCBOs, two subs and had space left. Only downside was needing to use the rear entry glands which then made dressing off neatly to the RCBOs directly in front of them pretty impossible, especially with old cables.

From this…
14F7C46C-495C-493E-9743-753A241BC4C1.jpeg

To this (pic pre labels etc)

4C62801A-1EA5-4316-803C-339FDB9194B2.jpeg

Out of curiousity why the 2 RCD's each protecting one MCB rather than an RCBO at LHS of CU?
Two reasons - first is the practicality of making off 16mm into an RCBO (both those subs are cabled as 16mm T&E), second is just pure economics - the RCD’s were ‘free’ with that model of board and the MCB’s cost £3.50 as opposed to £30-40 for the RCBO. Thirdly, I’m not sure if Schneider do a 50A RCBO for those boards anyway.

Reply to Not done a domestic board change for at least 3 years… in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
My thoughts exactly! Snowed under with work at the moment, so might have to pass it on 😬😬
Replies
Views
  • Question
Jumping on and off jobs can be tough going when you're less than confident as every time you go back it's like a new job. that you know little...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Solved
Therein lies the problem. I see no merit in further circular debate, so will bow out of this discussion.
2 3
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
This looks like a decent project to get your teeth into. It may be worth your while looking through the directory on here for your area as your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Must admit when I read the title of this post I looked for buzzlighyear's monica?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks