Nym-j | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Nym-j in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is used in UK by the MOD and others. The main reason it is not used more often is it's lack of British or Harmonised Standard approval, however any installer wishing to use it may refer to DIN/VDE 0250, use the manufacturers data in the design and satisfy themselves that this cable provides at least the same degree of safety as BS or IEC types in accordance with BS7671 133.1

Thanks for that, any more info on it would be great, it is a very versatile cable.

It is used in UK by the MOD and others. The main reason it is not used more often is it's lack of British or Harmonised Standard approval, however any installer wishing to use it may refer to DIN/VDE 0250, use the manufacturers data in the design and satisfy themselves that this cable provides at least the same degree of safety as BS or IEC types in accordance with BS7671 133.1

Reply to Nym-j in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Probably for an old TV amp as little spark said
Replies
Views
Thank you. We do have a window. Do you think my idea (even if is adds complexity) is workable? Nothing fundamentally wrong that I am missing?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately no, that's how i need to go down this route.
Replies
Views
I like it!
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks