office wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss office wiring in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electrician4u

am i ok using 2.5mm twin and earth in trunking in an office? i only ask cos all the existing cables appear to be fire resistant/retardant/low smoke.it's all fitted trunking with the sockets built into the trunking (marshal tuflex).long time since i've done wiring in offices so wasn't sure if the regs have changed.

am i ok using 2.5mm twin and earth in trunking in an office? i only ask cos all the existing cables appear to be fire resistant/retardant/low smoke.it's all fitted trunking with the sockets built into the trunking (marshal tuflex).long time since i've done wiring in offices so wasn't sure if the regs have changed.

As long as there are no specific landlord prohibitions and external influences are satisfied then there is no reason not to use T & E.

I agree with IQ, but it may be a good idea to try and find out what your clients insurers have to say about it. I say this because i recently did some work in a warehouse and offices, i extended a circuit and put a fused spur on a radial to supply an intruder alarm. The insurer stated that it must be on its own dedicated circuit.

Cheers........Howard

I would always extend the installation in whatever its currently wired in, as stated before the landlords spec may have insisted on LSF cables to be used throughout and your effectiveley downgrading the original installation. Also you may be invalidating the clients insurance by using PVC cables.
I detest seeing commercial jobs wired in T+E when the main core fitout has been done in trunking conduit and singles for example. Looks rough as a badgers IMO.

Nick

Reply to office wiring in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net