Old bl Calender Service Head | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Old bl Calender Service Head in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brooky25

Just been to look at a rewire job, yeah on a sunday evening and come across an old calender service head. No signs of asbestos but are these still acceptable ?
Nice access to live parts after removing one little screw.
Side of which is a old helney isolator and metal clad henley board, tails are Vir cable. Any ideas of cost from Yedl for a new service head if needed. Have not pulled main fuse but more than likely on be 60a. With extensive work they are planning on doing this prob needs an upgrade too. Any thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does and from what iv'e been reading these old metal clad service heads should be replaced by them. Trouble is customer is only viewing property with a possibility of buying. Just wondering if I should inform Dno anyway

DNOs are replacing these old cutouts free of charge.....and of course if you leave a length of 16mm CSA earth for em....they should PME it for you n all....when they replace the old cutout with a nice new henley....

Hi, anything involving the meter or to the left of the meter belongs to the DNO. I do know YEDL will replace cast iron and PBJ cable for free. In fact some of these service heads should have been removed a few years ago. Do remember to boil the kettle before turning the mains off and some nice chocolate biscits if you want to even think about asking them to PME it.

Hi, anything involving the meter or to the left of the meter belongs to the DNO. I do know YEDL will replace cast iron and PBJ cable for free. In fact some of these service heads should have been removed a few years ago. Do remember to boil the kettle before turning the mains off and some nice chocolate biscits if you want to even think about asking them to PME it.
helps to smooth the path to PME..lol....

Reply to Old bl Calender Service Head in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net