Old gas pipe | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Old gas pipe in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Doing an EICR of a large B&B place. Totally re-wired in 2008 so not a big issue as its well labelled and been done to a good standard.

Not sure on 1 bit though.

In the cellar, gas and water pipes are bonded fine. But it looks like the gas had been upgraded at the time of the refurb and the old gas pipe has been terminated just outside the cellar in a small corridor, where I guess the old meter was. Old bonding cables to it have been cut etc. but still some evidence of it being there previously.

Didn't test to see if it was extraneous but If I do and it is I assume it should still be bonded? Although in theory its on the Gas Board pipe and no facility to bond on the customer side of a meter!

Doing an EICR of a large B&B place. Totally re-wired in 2008 so not a big issue as its well labelled and been done to a good standard.

Not sure on 1 bit though.

In the cellar, gas and water pipes are bonded fine. But it looks like the gas had been upgraded at the time of the refurb and the old gas pipe has been terminated just outside the cellar in a small corridor, where I guess the old meter was. Old bonding cables to it have been cut etc. but still some evidence of it being there previously.

Didn't test to see if it was extraneous but If I do and it is I assume it should still be bonded? Although in theory its on the Gas Board pipe and no facility to bond on the customer side of a meter!
Why not?

It wont be a live gas supply, it will have been disconnected when the new MDPE (yellow) supply was put in.
So it's a piece of steel pipe in the ground that doesn't belong to anyone, so bond away if needed.

Reply to Old gas pipe in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net