Old Style Fuse Box Panel Board circa 1950's | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Old Style Fuse Box Panel Board circa 1950's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Reebok

Advice Please : Is it possible to fit ' Earth Leakage Breaker ' via an Adapter. to this unit.
Appreciate my system is Obsolete and requires updating. Trying to eliminate a few options before a Home Rewire and Up to date Fuse Panel has to be Installed.
Many Thanks.
Reebok.

Welcome Reebok

Let me put it this way ............would you think it was possible to fit a Anti-lock braking system to a ford Anglia ...........

The same for this ....................no mate. After 60 yrs sterling service it maybe time to bid this system a fond farewell .........................

Can I ask why you want to fit this Earth Leakage Breaker ', have you had someone come in and tell you that you have to have them fitted?

Many Thanks for the Quick Reply Malcolm. Not Quite but close. Fuse blew Monday Evening, Replaced Fuse Wire. Blew again Tuesday Evening. Called Out Electrician under Home Insurance.Could not find a problem disconected 30amp Socket. Local advice test the system using E.L.B.
Much Appreciated Advice.
Reebok.

Oh not the man with a light bulb attached to the van was it?

So his fault finding skills was disconnect the socket then .

Ok first thing to do is cancel your policy for all the years you pay that 8 pound a month, you could call out a proper local sparks who will find your problem, not turn something off and leave it.

Post your general location Reebok, though Lancashire, and Bolton might be a guess, and one of the local lads I'm sure would come over and do a proper job for you

Reply to Old Style Fuse Box Panel Board circa 1950's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net