Old Style meter, can I remove it? | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Old Style meter, can I remove it? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cairns

Hi, I have 2 meters, one old day night meter and a newer one, can I remove the old meter as it doesn't really seem to be serving a purpose, its still ticking away and has tails to the cutout. Cheers in advance:)

If it's ticking away it's going to have a load on it somewhere..... speak to your supplier they may remove it or they might be able to sort you out some cheap nighttime electricity

Its amazing how many people ask to remove white meters.

They are slightly more expensive to run in the day but if you put your washing machines on a timer set post midnight the price is about half that in the day.

I suppose it depends if you can be bothered with that though.

I thought Id add a piccy. The chappy on the bottom I think I can get rid of, it doesnt seem to serve a purpose. Advice from wisemen much appreciated. [ElectriciansForums.net] Old Style meter, can I remove it?

Reply to Old Style meter, can I remove it? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net