old technician grade wants to get back into the game | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss old technician grade wants to get back into the game in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

G Max

hello all there,

I am an old lad that got his technician card and has been out of the installation game since 1999. I want to get back and be qualified to the correct level, the JIB offers no guidance.

Could any of you suggest the best course of action?

ian & oldtimer....which H&S course do you mean? Do I need to get my ECS or CSCS card? or more?

Yes, you need to sit the ECS test and the 17th Edition 2382-10 exam and your grading will be exactly as it was, the JIB do not down-grade, whatever time has elapsed.

Yes, you need to sit the ECS test and the 17th Edition 2382-10 exam and your grading will be exactly as it was, the JIB do not down-grade, whatever time has elapsed.

Yep ditto there is always a catch and it being "they" have decided that you must pass a safety course or ECS course before they issue a card now I can only speak for Scotland here and what I did. I passed my 14th edition then sat my 15th then 16th then the company I was with paid for my 17th and because I was planning to bail out down the road I spent the rest of my time working on I&T then ECS and then paid out of my own pocket to get these although this is not unusual as some of the guys on the courses had to do the same plus without even getting paid for the day by their firms because as they say thats how it goes a guy who worked for a company for 12 years was told it was his responsabilty to get his qualifications or as the said he would be unemployable (so much for loyalty) anyway I have no regrets yep I took a gamble and so far I am a happy chappy as I have always said you have to keep up because if you dont then you have to catch up

Forgot to add that your ECS certificate only lasts 3 years ? Well yes you have sit it every 3 years along with a half day off and £60 then the £20 to SJIB to update the card

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to old technician grade wants to get back into the game in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net