Options for connecting pump/aerator/filter/UV steriliser | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Options for connecting pump/aerator/filter/UV steriliser in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all...

I have a day off and I am on the computer talking about electrics :smile:

I need to install a unit to connect up a seperate pond pump, filter, aerator and UV steriliser, each individually switched.

They will be fed from a 6A RCBO.

As usual I'm coming up with lots of different options but cant quite find the unit I want to make it a neat installation. I have listed in what I see as my order of preference.

1. Use the following BG 4-Way Weatherproof Power Controller | Outdoor Switches | NoLinkingToThis

I like the look of this, however the last review puts me off. Also I cant make out if there is a 5th entry point underneath for the SWA to enter. Also I would like it to be DP so if fault does occur can be switched off and the other 3 continue to work without tripping the RCBO. Unsure if this is DP or SP, has anyone used one?

2. 4 gang DP outdoor switch. Cant find a decent quality one that I like the look of. All I can find are SP and I dont really like the look of them i.e Weatherproof 4 Gang 2 Way Switch IP55| MeteorElectrical.com#

3. Use x2 2 gang weatherproof switches?

4. Use x2 2gang weatherproof sockets?

5. Use a 4 gang extension lead in a weatherproof container
[ElectriciansForums.net] Options for connecting pump/aerator/filter/UV steriliser

Just looks unprofessional and would still need another box to terminate SWA. I dont like this option although simple and effective and easy for customer to deal with?

6. Just connect all into an enclosure and use RCBO as sole means of isolation. Probably doesn't break the regs but I'd like to have them locally isolated, although the RCBO is nearby.

Any comments on the above, or ideas of your own welcome.

Last edited:

Reply to Options for connecting pump/aerator/filter/UV steriliser in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net