OT again! SOPs & RAs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss OT again! SOPs & RAs in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

silva.foxx

Hi guys

Can anyone kindly offer an example SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) or machine Risk Assessment, please?

I can provide email address via PM if preferred.

I've found some online but Cow Milking nor Tea Making are greatly suitable. I'm thick so need spoon feeding! :frown2:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What do you require? As part of the RA's I was asked to undertake task based RA is better for maintenance procedures. This is due to the generic nature of the functions we perform. From these we build SOP's. I grouped my RA's ie hot work, working at height, electrical, hydraulic pneumatics etc. Which leads on to SOP's such as isolation procedures, whether electrical or pressurissed systems, permit to work systems onto anything like topping up systems and what PPE to wear.

I would say grouping your tasks is the first part of your task/project.

silva.foxx,

I would imagine the best person to ask for such information is ''netblindpaul'' As working with/on industrial/commercial machines and tools is his main area of work.

What's more, i think his based not a million miles from you too!! ...lol!!!

...I would imagine the best person to ask for such information is ''netblindpaul'' As working with/on industrial/commercial machines and tools is his main area of work.

What's more, i think his based not a million miles from you too!! ...lol!!!

Agreed... but NBP has been helping me on another issue. I thought there may be others who could take some of his burden.

I wanted the info for a potential new role but if they want them 'skills' they'll need to provide training. I think NBP is a few hundred miles away, Wales is not as small as you think roadwise (you have to drive round mountains and through sheep herds, you know ;-) ).

regards

SOP's!!! that takes me back to my submarine days!! we also had EOP's to help us when we got into the "brown stuff"

i still got a CD which is highly restrictive in my office at home with ALL Trafalgar Class submarine SOP's and EOP's on!!

Reply to OT again! SOPs & RAs in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net