Part P notifications... How long should they take to come through? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Part P notifications... How long should they take to come through? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Ward

Just a quick one guys,

I recently got my Part P when I set up as self employed. I registered my first few notifications, and LABC got notified on the 9th (according to the site). I asked for the notifications to be sent to my address so I can see what the customer gets, what info is on it etc, however its now the 19th and still nothing in the post.

From your experience how long can they take to come through?

Cheers.

If you're talking about the actual hard copies of Part P certificates from your scheme provider then I've noticed some take as long as 3 weeks, some 5-7 days.
I'm not sure who you're with but with Elecsa, when you log in to your account, you can view the status of each job and whether it's been sent to the client yet.

Hi Chris, I'm with NAPIT too. Doesn't really seem to be a set time for them to be processed, some within 2 weeks some a little longer. Get all notifications sent to me also so I can keep a copy for my records. I print off the page from the website that has the ID number and jobs involved and give a copy of this to customer with certs, this way if BC see certs before notification comes through they have a reference number and can see what work has been notified.

Regards wa

Cheers for the feedback guys. I will give it a few more days before I really start to worry.

WhiteArmour, I have also printed out the confirmation page off the Napit site but keep them with my copies of the test sheets. Im gonna keep a copy of the notification when it comes through too.

You can but i think thats for when you are working on a property that is for eg a rental, and the paperwork needs to go to the landlord.

Reply to Part P notifications... How long should they take to come through? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net