Part P Qualification???? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Part P Qualification???? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

atm84

-
Reaction score
So I have seen a number of jobs advertised that request the candidate has a Part P Qualification or says that's it is desirable. I didn't realise you could get a Part P qualification.

I'm sure you are correct there Derk. My mate applied for a similar role and tried telling the recruitment agency that there wasn't such a qualification and the agent wouldn't have it. In the end he put the phone down on him.

Spinks I've never heard of it being made into an exam. Seems a tad strange as I'm sure everyone that does the exam and passes automatically thinks they have Part P which isn't necessarily correct.

My suggestion would be to dig out an old technical certificate that is no longer needed, then urinate on approximately half of it, then hand them your part pee qualification (make sure you handle the dry half).

Spinks I've never heard of it being made into an exam. Seems a tad strange as I'm sure everyone that does the exam and passes automatically thinks they have Part P which isn't necessarily correct.

Its the c and g 2393 which basically shows your knowledge of part p I think. It's a nothing qual really cause when you sign up to a scam you must provecompetency anyway

The so called Part pee qualification to my mind was/is misleading advertising at best and a downright con at worst.

Part P is a section of the building regs, no more and no less, a lot of poor sods took (paid for) this course because they were 'lead to believe' they needed it to get on a scam, or they thought they could sign work off after taking it.

The course providers did not do anything to dispel this myth and some may 'allegedly' have encouraged it, (note mods I said allegedly).

You only have to search the myriad of posts about this subject on here to see what I mean, it is not worth the paper it is written on IMO.

You don't wanna get into trashing the course providers, they'll have the thread shut down for 'legal reasons'! haha

I'm just wondering how many other threads on similar subject matter have been erased across the forum headers, without anyone noticing?? To be honest i was, and still am appalled that your perfectly valid thread had been erased. It certainly won't stop me airing my views on these parasitic so-called training centers!!

Wouldn't be so bad if they were marketed as an entry/taster into the trade and not a 'do this course and earn 50k'. At least you would know where your 5 grand (or whatever they charge) was actually getting you.

I'm just wondering how many other threads on similar subject matter have been erased across the forum headers, without anyone noticing?? To be honest i was, and still am appalled that your perfectly valid thread had been erased. It certainly won't stop me airing my views on these parasitic so-called training centers!!

I've even taken to Twitter with it now. The amount of times I see some two bit domestic installer training company tweeting something along the lines of "Is your electrician qualified?" and then a link to their website. Or my personal favourite "Make sure your electrician is registered!" and then a link to the website of whichever scam scheme they're affiliated with.

I am butting in now with replies such as "No, not if they've taken one of your domestic installer courses they're not" or "No! More importantly, make sure they're FULLY QUALIFIED. Registration with a private company is no measure of competence". I certainly can't eat an elephant all in one go but I'll happily keep chipping away at it! lol

Reply to Part P Qualification???? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net