Part P | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Part P in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Naz

Hi contacted Niceic to register for part p, told to inform building control ref electrical work to be offered for assessment prior to work being done. LABC state a building notice be given, at a cost of £270, then do work and LABC inspector to check work.
Niceic to assess same jobs as well. Seems pointless two lots of inspection and 2 lots of fees (£270 and £430 odd for Niceic?

What is normal route for registration?

Naz

try elecsa or napit. they would say,( from what i have heard), do the jobs, we do your assessment, then notify.

thanks, have been reading similar question and answers through threads, will call elecsa/Napit on Monday to make some sense of it all.... pain in the proverbial trying to qualify and register....

What most people do, is do the work, have it assessed by their scheme and then self certify it.
You have 30 days from when the work is completed to do the notification through your scheme.

Hi contacted Niceic to register for part p, told to inform building control ref electrical work to be offered for assessment prior to work being done. LABC state a building notice be given, at a cost of £270, then do work and LABC inspector to check work.
Niceic to assess same jobs as well. Seems pointless two lots of inspection and 2 lots of fees (£270 and £430 odd for Niceic?

What is normal route for registration?

Naz

What ever you do DONT get your DATES MIXED up WINK WINK and notify afterwards Naz

hi, Niceic are a bit awkward in this respect, they seem to insist that LABC be informed prior to work being done, subsequently BC want a building notice... loads a money... seems like another way of getting money out if tradesmen.

on principal i would go with elecsa or napit, cheaper, friendlier, more accommodating, than the other one.

NAPIT definitely will inspect the job you have already done, although i waited a few weeks for them to come out for my first inspection so try to plan your times for doing / finishing the job to coincide with it!

Cant see the point in notifying the LABC and paying them, on top of what you would pay NICEIC, and as telectrix say's, both Elecsa and NAPIT are friendlier organisations.

I'm with NICEIC (D/I) and I have to speak up for them as the chap that came round to me could not have been more friendly or realistic. I had called LABC and they were due to call me back and he had no problem that I didn't have a letter from them (which also saved me the fee as I notified them once passed ) I think that there is a big difference to who assesses you and who picks up the phone, I've also found the technical helpline pretty good, although they will try and get you to buy anything with the NICEIC logo on it!

i agree with timo 1 . I registered with nic, didnt inform building control, nice assessor, couldnt be more helpful in fact. I feel that the nic is far superior as it is well known as carries more status with customers.

Reply to Part P in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net