Photocells | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Photocells in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

panicoll

Hi can anyone tell me if a photocell is made that closes at dusk and then switches off at 1200 or there about then comes back on at 0500 till Dawn

I am sure I heard someone talking of these but I might just be making this up I hope not.

A make or name of this would Be great thanks

What you need is a photocell with a separate timeclock. No photocell on it's own can turn off before dawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that would work but it's just for one fitting so to much cost. Am sure I heard these photocells being talked about they are lik solar controlled

echo that. series a timer in with the photocell.both have to be closed to power the load on.

echo that. series a timer in with the photocell.both have to be closed to power the load on.

I would personally put the timer after the photocell, then no changing of the time when daylight savings and the nights draw in etc just have to determine when you want it off. Swear on here a while back someone found an electronic photocell with an integral timer, will keep looking.

I would personally put the timer after the photocell, then no changing of the time when daylight savings and the nights draw in etc just have to determine when you want it off. Swear on here a while back someone found an electronic photocell with an integral timer, will keep looking.
if you put the timer after the photocell, the clock will stop in daylight. is it a dracula clock?

It is definitely possible to get a photocell with a built on timeclock. I fitted one last year. Can remeber the make. I will phone the wholesaler in the morning and get back to you.

Nope just use a din rail mounted one with an integral lith battery keeps perfect time for days or weeks with no supply.
i just will have to get more up to date with modern technology. still think in terms of valves in radios and TVs.

Reply to Photocells in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net